There’s nothing KC You There loves more than a good dessert table, as seen on our Easter Entertainment piece for Shecky’s. Erin joined Winging It! Buffalo Style for their camp week and turned the dessert table a little more rustic. View the segment here.
Smore’s bars have been popping up every where this season, especially in rustic weddings. This is a great way to incorporate a little DIY and outdoor fun into your reception. If you’re camping, it’s a great way to “glamp” up your campsite.
What you’ll need:
- Chocolate bars (classic Hershey’s or Ghiradelli’s filled bars do the trick)
- Graham crackers (experiment with new flavors like chocolate, found at specialty chocolate shops)
- Marshmallows (Regular will do, but did you know there’s flavored marshmallows, too? Here’s a DIY recipe)
- Sliced fruit (I used bananas and strawberries)
- Candies (Reeses, Heath bars, etc..)
- Roasting sticks (I used shish kabob sticks, purchased at Wegmans)
In a hurry? Make these chocolate dipped marshmallow pops in a few minutes. Just double boil chocolate in a pan, dip marshmallow using a skewer, let set about 30 seconds, then dip into your toppings of choice! The possibilities are endless. I used coconut, peanuts, and sprinkles.
The finishing touches are all in the detail. Add depth to your dessert table by adding textures and different heights using risers. I used tree trunks and a cigar box. Create centerpieces or nameplates with something guests can take home, like s’mores in a mason jar. A burlap runner or tablecloth can instantly create a rustic feel.
Check out live segment on CW’s Winging It! Buffalo Style here.