I am all about sharing a new delicious recipe. This is one you must try while we are in the peak of corn season. We already know that we love the fresh combination of avocado and cilantro. With the addition of the creaminess of fresh mozzarella, this is a wonderful accompaniment to your bbq!
For the dressing, mix the following in a blender until smooth, throwing in a dash of salt and pepper to taste:
- 1/2 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the salad dressing with the following in a large bowl:
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds grape tomatoes, halved (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 medium avocados, diced
Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. The longer the flavors of the cilantro and the olive oil have to penetrate the rest of the ingredients, the better this dish will be! Change it up and serve in a trifle dish, the clear glass will show off the summer veggie beauty!