There’s a recipe that’s been floating around Pinterest for a while that I’ve been dying to try, and today, I finally did. It was easy to make, easy cleanup, and so tasty! The best part about this recipe is that you probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
DIY Bacon Toast Cups
What you need:
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces of bacon/turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup of cheese
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray muffin/cupcake tin with Pam.
- Using a cookie cutter (since I’m lacking in some basic kitchen utensils, I used a glass to measure my circle, then cut with a knife), cut out 3″ diameter circles in the bread of your choice. I used white, but apple oat or cinnamon raisin would be good, too!
- Take bread circles and press into muffin tin.
- Cook 6 pieces of bacon for about 3 minutes in frying pan (don’t cook them all the way).
- Wrap bacon around the bread while leaving about 1/2 inch on top to encase the egg.
- Fill with 1 tsp of cheese (pepperjack, in this case). Place in oven and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Crack egg and separate. Don’t use all the white as it will spill over the side of your toast cups.
- Drop eggs into cup and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Place in oven and cook for about 8 minutes. I baked mine for 10 minutes and my eggs were slightly harder than I would normally like. Basically make sure the eggs look firm and white to ensure “doneness”.
- Remove from oven and pop the bacon toast cups out with a spoon. Serve with hot sauce or ketchup, or whatever else you prefer!
Once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless. Ham, sausage, mozzarella, basil, spinach, tomatoes can all be added! Enjoy!