Believe it or not, summer is right around the corner; especially for college students whose summer always starts a little bit early! Springtime is crucial for interviewees to lock down those summer internships. Earlier I discussed how to search for your internship and how to perfect your interview. Now we’ll get down to what you’re really interested in, what to wear!
To view the brand and price, click on the thumbnail:
- All companies are not the same. Interviewing at a financial agency for PR? You’re going to want to dress conservatively. Interviewing at a fashion PR firm? More fun might equal more stress as you rack your closet for something to wear.
- Do your research! Check out the company’s Facebook page or blog for pictures. While you can’t go wrong with a classic suit, try to add a little personality. Pair a suit with a bright striped top or a silk ruffled top.
- To add a bit of your personality, use accessories. Love vintage? Pair a circle skirt with tights, heels, top, blazer, and vintage scarf. Love color? Wear your turquoise necklace and yellow belt. However, as Coco Chanel once said, “when accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on”. So don’t overdo it!
- This is not the time to skimp. A black or gray pencil skirt, blazer, and black high heels are pieces you can wear time and time again. Nine West makes a comfortable not too high heel that is my go to.
- Leave your bag in the car. Stash your car key in your portfolio.
- Keep the makeup and perfume to a minimum.
- For affordable fashion that you can find in any mall, try White House Black Market or The Limited. For investment pieces, try Theory.
What do you wear on interviews?