I never would have thought finding a handful of American made items in my beauty collection would prove to be so difficult. I’m not talking about American based companies, I’m talking about products based and manufactured in the good ole U.S. of A.
As much as Clint Eastwood’s “Imported from Detroit” Chrysler campaign caught my eye, a car isn’t on my shopping list. So in honor of the holiday and Mr. Eastwood’s rallying spirit, here are my top picks for American made cosmetics.
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve, the perfect “heal all” for dry cuticles, lips and skin. Toss it in your bag and go!
- Bath & Body Works American Berry Pie Hand Sanitizer, I’m a germaphobe and this smells like America – enough said.
- Orly In the Navy Collection, looking for those iconic red, white and blue lacquers? This collection is your one stop shop.
- Violent Lips The American Flag, I’m over moustaches and spectacles for photobooth fun. Buy a few of these bad boys for you and your girlfriends to rock to a 4th of July BBQ – snap pics for endless laughs and yes, a few head turns.
- Burt’s Bees Radiance Day Lotion SPF 15, infused with Royal Jelly. Not sure what it is exactly, but it sounds fabulous.
- Merle Norman Bronzing Powder, the perfect matte bronzer for that pool-worthy glow.
More all-American beauty companies include Tweezerman, Philosophy, CHI, LA Splash, and Jordana. Take a moment look through your beauty collection to see what other companies support the U.S.A. and, well, SUPPORT them!
Baby you’re a firework.