Another season, another fancy manicure. Fall 2012’s nail trends go from one extreme to another. Rich, deep lacquers to iridescent nudes are forecasted to dominate the runways, magazine spreads and Pinterest boards in the coming months.
Let’s see a roundup of the trends.
- I’m Ron BURGUNDY – Classic, deep burgundy shades are sultry and beckon the leaves to change. Pictured: Wet n Wild Megalast Haze of Love
- Deep Blue Sea – Rich navy and teal shades are stirring up the storms. Pictured: OPI Ski Teal We Drop
- Mirrored – I doubt these rockstar nails will replace my trusty Les Tais Tais Model Mirror, but I’m ok with adding an extra, healthy, 10-digit dose of mirror exposure in my life. Get yourself a Minx manicure or play around with some nail tattoos and press-ons for this rockstar look. Pictured: Elegant Touch Metallic Nails in Molten Silver
- The New Nudes – Pearlized pale shades are taking manicures to the other extreme. Barely there “mannequin” nails are perfectly polished and oh so on trend. Pictured: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Parchment (limited edition).
- Mix and Match French – Using the above trends to play around with the classic French manicure. A pearly, nude base is preferred with a pop of a rich, dark shade on the tip. Pictured: Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Parchment (base), Wet n Wild Megalast in Haze of Love (tip)
Time for a girl’s night mani & pedi party!