Fashion week is upon us yet again and if you’re a busy profesh like myself, you don’t have much time between job A and event B to transition into that evening vixen.
Here are a few simple trends for nailing the perfect Fashion Week beauty look on the fly (outfit choice is a whole other story). Just remember to keep it simple. There’s no need to attempt a bold, smokey eye or burgundy ombre lip if it’s out of your comfort zone.
Let us dissect.
- Fresh Faced. The fall means you can get away with wearing those cream foundations again. Just because the inspiration calls for medium to full coverage doesn’t mean it has to look cakey. My favorite foundation for fall and winter is Illamasqua Skin Base.
- Wide Awake. With the change of the season, comes a change in the shadow. Warm up your face with a brown, rusty smokey eye or balance off a bold lip with barely there shadow with a warm, golden inner-corner highlight. Have the UD Naked palette? Then you’re all set. For that extra umph, add an uber natural lash, like Ardell Demi Wispies.
- Natural Brows. Fuller brows are here to stay. While you still want to groom and fine tune your sisters, don’t overdo it. If you’re notoriously heavy handed, opt for a brow powder like Anastasia Brow Powder Duo instead of a pencil.
- A Beautiful Mess. Who says beachy waves need to stay with summer? Take a tip from Mary Kate and Ashley this season for effortless, messy locks. This perfect “undone” look is killer with a crisp center or deep side part.
- The Perfect Pout. Whether you rock the perfect nude or that buxom red, make sure your lips compliment the rest of your makeup. Note, this model’s ultra nude lip won’t translate well off the runway for everyone. To avoid looking like death in pictures, sweep on a light wash of berry. Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable balm stains are the perfect way to ease into darker colored lips.
Don’t forget to visit my F/W 2012 Beauty Inspiration board for additional looks.
See you at the runway,