One of the most important steps in your daily beauty regimen, especially during the cold fall and winter months, is to keep your skin hydrated. The surface of your skin acts as a canvas, so the better prepped it is, the more flawless your makeup finish will look.
The world of facial moisturizers is daunting and some high end brands can cost a pretty penny. I don’t disagree that some designer moisturizers are fabulous (ahem, La Mer), but I’d rather buy a killer pair of heels to add to my arsenal.
Over the years, I’ve built a solid list of affordable daily moisturizers that I love. The following brands are lightweight, hydrating and mild – all “must have” properties for my face. Please note, while these moisturizers work amazingly on my skin, they may not work as well on yours. Take this list merely as my suggestions and do some extra research if need be, especially if you have problematic skin.
- CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30, $13 – What knocks this moisturizer out of the park is the product quality for the price. It’s perfect for dry skin and it’s non- irritating, non-comedogenic formula packs some uber hydration.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizer, $31 – I hate creams, serums and makeup products that have any sort of fragrance, so this fragrance-free formula offers that lightweight feel I’m after, while remaining lush and hydrating.
- ROC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer, $21 – Who doesn’t love a reasonably priced, rejuvenating moisturizer to tackle those expression lines?
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè, $16 – Known as the 24-hour miracle cream, it’s formulated to soothe and correct by mimicking and reinforcing the natural surface oils and waterproofing barrier of the skin. In turn, slowing down moisture evaporation- amen! A lifesaver if you have extremely dry, peeling or sunburned skin. I also love to use it on my legs for shaving or even as a makeup removing emulsion.
- Dermalogica Active Moist, $54 – While it’s not the cheapest of price tags, the lightweight, oil-free formula absorbs without a trace. Factor in the added silk proteins and extracts and it calms even those most sensitive of skins.
- Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging & Antiwrinkle Day Cream, $48 – In a nutshell this moisturizer is the perfect balance of science and nature. The product boasts to contain high-tech bio actives, lipids (surface oils) and extracts without any of that synthetic junk. It boosts skin’s natural ability to protect, repair and renew itself. I love it because it’s firming, lightweight, and super absorbent.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial & Sodium PCA Oil-Free Moisturizer, $18 – This moisturizer contains an extract from olives that mimics the skin’s protective surface oils while the Sodium PCA preps the skin with hydration.
- Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 17, $22 – I have combination skin and have a tendency to get an oily T-zone throughout the day. This moisturizer helps fight oil while keeping skin hydrated.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, $14 – I’m a huge Clinique fan in general, but I adore this fast absorbing, lightweight lotion. It’s designed to smooth dry or combination skin without feeling heavy. Likewise, the gel formula would suit oily skin types perfectly.
- SkinCeuticals Daily Moisture, $60 – If you’re looking for a moisturizer that is not only lightweight, but will also reduce the appearance of pores this is a great choice. I love it for that lush feel and non-greasy finish.
So, what are your favorite daily moisturizers?