Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. The cupcakes are pink and covered in hearts. Flourless chocolate cake abounds. In my eBook, Valentine Cupcakes and Treats: Easy Sweet Recipes, I feature different festive yummies for your sweetie. One of my favorite and easy recipes in the guide is chocolate-covered strawberries. They are one of the most romantic treats you can make your sweetheart. By striping them with white chocolate, you create an extra special element showing that you care more than just a little.
What you need:
- Medium fresh strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Milk or dark chocolate wafers
- White chocolate wafers
- Assorted valentine sprinkles/nonpareils in small glass bowls
To dip the strawberries:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe glass bowl, heat 2 cups of chocolate wafers on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Once melted, dip strawberries into the chocolate and shake off excess.
- Hold dipped pretzels over sprinkles and sprinkle nonpareils while the chocolate is wet.
- Melt white chocolate wafers in a plastic pastry bag on high in 30 second intervals until melted, massaging between intervals.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off the tip of the bag.
- Squeeze and stripe the white chocolate over the chocolate-dipped strawberries, moving from one side of the sheet to the other.
- Trim off the excess white chocolate off of the strawberries
- Transfer finished berries to cupcake cups for easy and clean transport!
If you have any questions, feel free to email me – Lindsay(at)kcyouthere.com