It’s still August but if you’re like me then you have already started your Pre-Fall shopping. I just want to say Thank Jesus for the Nordstrom Anniversary sale although I did have to hide the items in my closet to stop the temptation of wanting to wear fall items in the 90+ degree. I figure I would highlight the great trends for the F/W season and pick the best items after scouring the websites ranging from Barneys to Shop bop. Okay, I will admit 97.9% of the items are probably out of the budget for most people but that’s the perks of having stores like Topshop, Zara or H&M, you know they will have a “inspired” piece by the time fall is in full swing. So here we gooooo…
From florals to geometric patterns, there was something for the bold and beautiful and those that become timid at the thought of wearing a print. Glad to see this trend so prominent on the runways from New York to Paris.
1. Mary Katrantzou Peony Print Silk Skirt | 2. M Missoni Green Blue Dress | 3. Yigal Azrouel Ikat Floral Silk Pants | 4. Jonathan Saunders Sleeveless Blouse | 5. Ports 1961 Mosaic Dress | 6. Diesel Black Gold Dhano Sweatshirt | 7. Dolce & Gabbana Hand Painted Dress | 8. Etro Floral Print Blouse
In the fashion world, Gothic refers to the heavy use of dark colors and combination of leather, lace, and velvet. The Gothic look seen on the runways can be interpreted as a dark romance.
1. Stella McCartney Guipure Lace Skirt | 2. Azzedine Alaia Velvet Dress | 3. Emilio Pucci Lace Top | 4. Carven Velvet Cap-Sleeve Dress | 5. Stella McCartney Print Silk Dress | 6. Tibi Black Leather Collar Macrame Top | 7. Zoe Jordan Margaret Leather & Lace Dress | 8. Red Valentino Lace Tie Waist Dress
Whether it was faux or real leather a great portion of designers made to sure include this in their line-up. We all know I’m a huge fan of leather in general so I definitely couldn’t contain my excitement when this was a major Fall/Winter trend.
1. Alexander Wang Croc-effect Leather Skirt | 2. Givenchy Lamb Leather Manches Top | 3. H&M Leather Jacket | 4. The Row Tercus Leather Leggings | 5. Alexander Wang Pleated Leather Top | 6. YSL Leather & Stretch Wool Crepe Dress | 7. Cushnie et Ochs Croc Leather Skirt | 8. Sanctuary Vegan Leather Shift Dress | 9. Hinge Faux Leather Collar Top
Dress uniforms in the military are often some of the best designs you can ever see on a woman or man. The pride those in the various military branches have is something you can’t help but admire too. So it is no surprise designers were inspired by those men and women.
1. Bllack Noir Military Leather Jacket | 2. Current/Elliot Combat Skinny Jeans | 3. Givenchy Sleeveless Scoopneck Dress | 4. Rachel Zoe Military Jacket | 5. Karl Camo Print Blouse | 6. Burberry London Canvas Double Breasted Dress | 7. Zara Camo Pants with Zippers | 8. Acne Rita Leather Jacket
The inspiration behind this trend takes on the patterns and prints seen in traditional Asian clothing and other items. Not surprised to see this trend pop up due to the opulence of inspiration Asian countries in the world offer.
1. Marni Oriental Flower Print Dress | 2. ISSA Printed Kimono Mini Dress | 3. Dries Van Noten Shirt Dress | 4. Proenza Schouler Japanese Print Shirt | 5. Top Shop Oriental Flower Cigarette Trousers | 6. Dries Van Noten Silk Top | 7. Proenza Schouler Japanese Print Dress
Don’t worry, this isn’t the end of my F/W Trend Guide, there is plenty more trends to go through and drool at what pieces I have selected.